Thursday, July 14, 2011

Time Flies When You Are Having Fun!

79 days to go!!! Holy Cow! The days are just slipping by so fast it is making my head spin.  We are currently working on invitations for the wedding.  For some reason, I am extremely nervous about picking out invitations.  I think it is because they are the first "official" impression of your wedding.  They usually designate the wedding colors and the overall them, such as formal, casual, whimsical, organic, just to name a few.  I want my invitations to scream "Classic Southern Wedding".  How do I go about doing this? One of the many questions plaguing my mind these days.  I'm thinking I'll just keep it simple and beautiful with classic wording and font and a punch of color.  We are meeting with the invitations people this Saturday so hopefully all will go well!

My wedding dress is in!!!!!  A stupendous moment for every bride.  I received the call while I was visiting my grandmother in Florida last week.  I already had my first fitting scheduled since the bridal salon knew about when it would come in.  I'm sooooo excited!! I cannot wait to try on MY actual wedding dress!  The specific and perfect dress that I will wear when I walk down the aisle ; the last garment I will wear as a single woman before becoming Mrs. Tucker :) Needless to say, I'm quite ecstatic.  In other apparel news, I got my BEAUTIFUL wedding shoes!!! Now these were a big splurge for me, but I just HAD to have them.  I wear them around the house all the time, it is so fun.  I decided to get my shoes dyed to match the color of the bridesmaids dresses.  I have found that this accessory is a new favorite among modern brides and I must say I think it is fantastic, if not economical.  I say economical because how often are you going to wear white satin dress shoes???  If you are like me and understand that wearing white shoes in utterly impractical, due to dirt accumulation, then my guess would be not very often after your wedding day.  Therefore, why not get a pair of fabulous shoes that are a favorite color (assuming your wedding colors consist of some of your favorite colors...) and actually WEAR THEM AGAIN! I know, a novel concept, yet one that is catching on in the bridal community.  I'm a fan of it :) And while my wedding shoes were a splurge, I am completely confident that I will be wearing them long after I become Mrs. Andrew Tucker :)

Love to all!
Morgan and Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment