Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Lady Should Expect to be Courted

Great news! We have our reception venue set!! For us, that was the very first item on our list to complete.  Now the date is officially set and the rest of the planning can continue :)

There were a few things I noticed while looking a reception venues, the biggest one being the lack of customer service.  As a veterinary technician, I consider myself to be in the service industry, and one thing I pride myself on is my attention to customer service and making sure each client (pet owner) feels as though they are my first priority.   When I walk into an exam room, I always make sure to introduce myself and personally address the patient (pet) and owner by name.  I always do my best to answer every question or find the answer to every question and I go out of my way to make their experience positive and enjoyable. 

As a result, I have high expectations when I am shopping for a wedding venue where I plan to spend several thousand dollars.  I expect to feel special and that I am the most important person at that moment, I don't think that is too much to ask considering the situation.  One of the reasons we chose our venue (other than the fact it is GORGEOUS), was the personal service we received.  We were greeted by name, asked immediately what we were envisioning for our wedding day, and after the tour we received complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries.  Not to mention, the event coordinator we met with was extremely friendly and made me feel like they REALLY wanted my business.  It overall was a fantastic experience.

What fantastic venue did we choose? The Old Well Ballroom at the Carolina Inn!!

Now I am not going to say that our venue is the best venue for everyone, that would be impossible! But my point is this: Make sure you are being courted! Don't settle for bad service! If the service is bad before they've seen a dime, imagine how they'll be throughout the planning process.

Trust me, after the first venue we looked at I felt soooooo discouraged.  I was really worried that I wouldn't get the WOW factor I was looking for when it came to my wedding venue.  But it happened! So for all of the brides out there, don't settle!!! Wait for the WOW factor, you deserve it! That not only goes for finding a husband, but also for finding the elements that make up your big day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment